March 9, 2014

My Thoughts: Yadah Puregreen Emulsion



I don't experiment a lot when it comes to skin care even when I badly want to. I don't know why but as with make up, there's a certain joy & thrill when going on a quest to finding that perfect (a.k.a. HG) moisturizer that only beauty junkies would understand. Sounds craaaazy I know. Unfortunately, growing up with such a sensitive skin, I really have no choice but to stick with what has already worked for me in the past & keep everything I use to a minimum. Anything with an ingredient I'm allergic to can send my skin into flares overnight... faster than you can say "zit" in fact! Hence, my faithfulness to my previous moisturizer. 


However, having gone through six bottles of the same moisturizer for the last 2 1/2 years, my skin seemed to have developed a resistance to it, so much so that it doesn't yield the same lovely results anymore. So as much as I want to hold on to it, I just couldn't bring myself to anymore because things are not working out for the both of us. It was time to see other people ya know. LOL 



So that's why I was in the market for a decent moisturizer that could fit my needs. And it wasn't so much of a surprise that I would give Korean skin care a whirl because I've always been a fan of Korean cosmetics, with Missha being my favorite if not HG BB cream, and FaceShop having my favorite lip & cheek tint (which in my opinion trumps the ever so famous Benefit Cha Cha tint!) and so many others that I'd rather talk about on a separate post. 



So today's post is all about Yadah, a relatively new Korean brand that hit our local shelves last year. Yadah offers non comedogenic, mineral oil free skin care that is targeted for young adults. Their products are also free from any artificial colorant & synthetic preservatives making it great for those with sensitive/acne prone skin. They also have a make up line. I was able to test out the Angel BB cream through a generous sample & I'd have to say, I was pretty impressed because of how light it felt on the skin! I'm definitely considering purchasing the whole bottle but for now, I want to talk about the Puregreen Emulsion from the Puregreen line. This line includes a toner and a cleanser but at the time, I was only looking for a moisturizer so I went with the emulsion first! 



So! Let's get into the nitty gritty of this product now, shall we? 


Packaging: The product itself is housed in an 80ml plastic bottle that thankfully comes with a pump. While I find the bottle well-made, I also find it too unhandy & is not so much travel friendly. I also feel that I don't get as much product as I should because I feel like the bottle weighs more than the emulsion itself. Overall, I love the packaging for its simplicity and somehow, reminds me of a toned down Too Cool for School. They could even pass up as sisters! 

Fragrance: For something that claims to be good for acne prone & sensitive skin, this sure does have a lot of perfume in it! It has a strong floral scent to it that doesn't hang around for more than a minute making it quite admissible in my case. However, if your that sensitive to anything perfume-y, you might find this in a way excessive. 

Ingredients: And because I'm too lazy to write down the ingredients, I took a picture instead. Just click to enlarge the photo so you can see it clearer if you can't yet! :)






Finish: I have combination/oily skin and on me, it finishes off a bit dewy. Once it sinks in, the dewiness becomes undetectable which I still like because it still manages to give off that sheen that looks healthy & never greasy.  I use it under make up and so far, no struggles there. 

Efficacy: I have been using this for 1 1/2 month already so I guess that's enough time to see if it's something I would be buying again or not. Well, I honestly like this emulsion for the simple reason that it doesn't break me out. Not a pimple or two the whole time I was using this which is saying a lot considering my skin type. My face feels smoother and it also looks brighter and healthier now and I couldn't be more happier. I also feel like this emulsion (in conjunction with other products) has been preventing breakouts because normally, when I stay up late a few nights in a row, I would wake up with a huge, angry zit come morning, but nah, I don't ever get that anymore. So in terms of doing its job, I'd give this one a high five. 

Availability: I guess this is the only downside of this otherwise perfect brand because it's not widely available as of yet. Right now, it's only available in Beautybar, but I do think that they ship nationwide so definitely check that out first. Beauty Bar is available in Shangri-la & Trinoma. 

Price: It's fairly priced at 525php (approximately $12) because you get an 80ml product anyway which should last you 2 or 3 months, depending on how much you use everyday. 



Plus points for including the expiration date! 



I'm sorry for my hairy hands guys, haha! But as you can very well see, this gives a nice, brightening effect upon application which I really like. With prolonged use, I noticed that my skin looked brighter even when I don't have it on anymore which is always nice because we all could use that "lift" yes? :) 

So overall, I would recommend this to anyone looking for a decent moisturizer for oily/combination and acne prone skin. This is also a fantastic moisturizer especially now that it's summer because it feels light on the skin & yet is able to hydrate sufficiently sans the greasy feeling.  

Overall Rating: 4.5/5 


So now it's your turn. What's your skin type & what's your favorite moisturizer to date? I always love discovering new things so feel free to comment dearies! xx

-JEM-

No comments:

Post a Comment