May 14, 2013

Review: ELF Eyebrow Kit in Light

In all honesty, I hate doing my brows. I don't hate-hate them, its just that no matter how many times I try and practice, it just doesn't come out the way I want them to come out. What is it that they always say, "Its not you its me?" Yeah well that's precisely how I feel about my brows! Its not the stuff that I use - the brow kits, eyebrow pencils, etc, ITS ME! -_-

They look alright, mind you - groomed is what I would call it,  but I just can't seem to perfect those highly defined brows that just... ya know, POP. And helpful as those videos are on YouTube, they can only do so much. The rest is still up to me.

I swear in this moment I can hear my best friend's favorite phrase:

"Practice practice din pag may time!"  Haha! :) Oh I do miss her already! Summer's about to end and I'm just happy I'm going to see my college friends again!



So anyway! The obvious reason why I'm talking about my brows is because today I want to share to you my current favorite brow kit from ELF. This is available in most SM department stores, Landmark, and Watson's outlet nationwide so if you haven't tried anything from ELF just yet, this is a perfect product to start with. It is super affordable at 249php ($6.04) which is really great for those who are on the budget, but still want a good quality make-up.  





  It comes in a simple, black flip-top packaging that comes with a mirror which is really perfect for on the go girls like yours truly because then you wouldn't have to worry about bringing a separate compact mirror when travelling. Saves time AND space in your make up bag! 

 So you basically apply the wax first (the one on the right), and seal it with the brow powder afterwards. The applicator that it comes with is also very functional and I myself have used it on several occasions and have no complaints so far. Although I still  prefer my angled brush from Marionnaud just because its tip is softer, and therefore glides easier on my brows.   

Now here's how it shows on my brows: 


It still comes off pretty dark, but not so dark that its almost black, more like dark brown. 

So quite recently, I colored my hair again to a dark brown so I've been wearing this with Etude House Color My Brows in Light Brown, which I will be doing a review of really soon. So in those cases when I use the brow gel, I skip the brow powder because it has that tendency to look unnatural on me. You can imagine what layering does to make up, yes? And one thing to also love about this brow kit is that when applied, it is sure to last you the whole day. Well, maybe not exactly 24 hrs but for the whole day that you have to be out anyway.  

And for those of you who do not know it yet, I live in a tropical country, and lately its been crazy hot around here. So the fact alone that it was able to withstand the scorching weather here in Manila is enough reason for me to keep repurchasing this. I've had this since last semester (around October) and I still have some of it left so that's 7 months in total! Not bad , huh! 

Here's another picture. I'm using it with the Etude House Color my Brows in #2 that's why it appears a tad bit lighter on the picture.

I'm sorry for my super bilog face! Hehe! :) 

And another one! Last na to promise! xx


THE YAY'S: 

AFFORDABLE (249php or $6.04) 
NOT BULKY 
FUNCTIONAL PACKAGING
NO DISTINCT SMELL 
LONG LASTING 
EASILY AVAILABLE

THE NAY'S: 

I honestly have nothing bad to say about this! 




OVERALL RATING: 

5/5 

Repurchase: 

YES! 


How about you guys? What's your favorite brow kit as of the moment? Let's talk! 

xx 

JEM 






15 comments:

  1. i don't actually own anything specifically for brows! but i have lioele's auto eyebrow pencil thing on its way to me, so i'm excited to see how it is. i really like elf products though, they have some really good things for cheap prices :D

    kittencuddler.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura! I've heard great stuff about Lioele's autobrow pencil myself so I'm sure you'll love it! And hey if it doesn't work for you then this is something I would definitely recommend you try! Yup, I agree! ELF in general is affordable and has great quality! Definitely one of the best drugstore brands in the market! xx

      Delete
  2. i LOVE doing my brows and I'm always on the hunt for a new brow product to try out :D thanks for sharing!

    http://steph-g.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Steph! Next time you're in the mall, definitely check this out! xx

      Delete
  3. This used to be my favorite product to use for my naturally unruly brows <3 Btw, I actually really like how you do your eyebrows! :)

    xo, runbarbierun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Romila! I also have unruly brows myself and I'm super happy this does the trick! What brow kit are you currently using now if I may ask? xx

      Delete
  4. This looks great! It's the perfect shade for you, really hate how some people try to force the light brown color on their brows. Try the K palette Real Lasting Eyebrow it's amazing! :) You can buy it in Beauty Bar!

    http://itsjessicachoy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessica! I've heard great stuff about K-palette myself but haven't tried anything from them yet. Pretty soon I will though, now that you've mentioned it! I heard their eyeliners are GREAT! Oh & I'm glad you liked my brows! Haha! I guess all that practice paid off somehow! Thanks for dropping by! xx

      Delete
  5. Your eyebrows look so good!!! :) Polished!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi please join my Giveaway http://loisbaguio.blogspot.com/2013/05/june-giveaways.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really have to pick this one up someday. I have very thick brows so if I groomed it right, I don't have to fill it anymore. Downside is, I can't do that high-arched shape that is so common these days. I probably just need the right products for it.

    http://ahintofsunlight.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have naturally thick brows as well and thankfully this does a wonderful trick in making them look more put together! This is something I would definitely recommend you try! Oh and yeah, I do now what you mean by defined brows btw. Its such a feat for me too and one that needs a looot of practice! xx

      Delete