January 8, 2014

Review/Swatch: Max Factor Color Elixir Lipstick in Pink Brandy


Not so very long ago I reviewed a lipstick from the same line by Max Factor called Bewitching Coral, and since I was very happy with my purchase, I ended up buying another shade called Pink Brandy a week or two after. This one has the old packaging though. I bought it when Max Factor in Trinoma went on sale, flushing their old but best selling products to make way for a new batch and in their new packaging.  I guess you could figure out what my next step had been. You're right, it was towards the cashier! Haha.  xx 

The old packaging is pretty basic and I have no complaints about it whatsoever. It's very sturdy too because I have dropped this a couple of times but it's still good as new. As for the smell, there isn't much to say because it's almost if not completely fragrance-free. So if you're pretty sensitive in that area then I'm happy to report that MF's is free of anything that can possibly annoy your nostrils.  

On the other hand,  the color is a lovely warm pinkish-coral with the slightest hint of brown to it. I noticed that towards the end of the day, the lipstick tends to look more intense, which I suppose is a good thing if you're one to not touch up a lot. I get a good wear of this for a solid of 4 hours. If I eat/drink, the color is still pretty much there although not as vibrant anymore. The finish is just lovely for my ever so dry lips - creamy and yet feels very light on the lips. It's fairly long lasting and yet doesn't dry my lips like mad.  It also leaves quite a stain so it might take some muscle to remove it completely when it's time for you to hit the sack. However, it shouldn't be a problem if you already have a make up remover in your possession.  As usual, using a lip balm underneath is highly recommended. 

And here's the lipstick in action! xx 






Overall, if you're looking for a decent coral lipstick that has a good color pay-off, wears comfortably and is affordable, then definitely pick this one up soon! xx 

Price: 595php (Apprixamtely $14) 
***I got this for half the price when Max Factor went on sale in Trinoma 
Where to buy: All leading SM Department Stores, Robinson's Department Store, Rustan's 

How about you? What's your favorite coral lipstick to-date? Do share you them &let's talk! xx

As always... JEM 









4 comments: