July 8, 2014

My Thoughts: MAC Please Me

Yes, this blog is still alive. The only thing that's dying on me right now is my laptop, hence, the 2 month hiatus. (sigh) So while it's still hanging around, I might as well do something productive with it before it bites the dust. So today I want to introduce to you to the one lipstick that changed my life, that is if you haven't met her yet because I did include here in my February favorites.

And so, you might ask, what the hell does that vinyl up there got to do with anything in here? Well, I happen to be a huge Beatles fan (actually, my dad is the ultimate fan, I'm just the benefactor haha), and if you haven't heard of their song "Please Please Me", know that it's never too late to hop in the bandwagon and be exposed to the band that started it all, and not just the hairstyle, footwear and even the coordinated suits alright.. By ALL I mean revolutionized rock music. It is no debate - no other band has influenced pop culture the way these guys have. They are hands down the best thing to happen in the 20th century. And yes, still happening. 

And if it isn't obvious yet, that is the reason why I'm extra fond of this lipstick. Why? Because anything that makes me sing  "Please Please Me" (or any Beatle song for that matter) is for keeps, that's why. And for some people, that may come off as trivial, but for me, it counts as something simply because it brings me joy.  


And I'm sorry, I know I talk a lot (and add to that my propensity to say irrelevant things!) so I'll digress in 5...4...3..2..

MAC is absolutely one brand that needs no more further introduction. Why? Because it's MAC, period. Make up enthusiast or not, we all have a bit of love going on for this brand because it salvaged us at some point in our lives.  Now how many girls have gone running to their store in search for that perfect red lipstick to wear on a first date? Or a make up artist in search for a full coverage foundation to use on clients? I could go on and on about this but you probably get the picture by now. Any living, breathing, and functioning human out there owns at least a piece of MAC (whether its through samples or whatnot). 


(My apologies for its current state. I've had this for almost 6 months now, hence, the scratched label & all. Well that only goes to show how much love I have for it I guess)


(After 21 years, I still don't know how to "focus")




Please Me for me is the perfect pink to wear (and not to mention the most versatile) if you're undecided on what kind of pink would look good on you, simply because it looks good on everyone (and it goes well with a bunch of looks too). It has the perfect amount of warmth & coolness so it's sure not to clash with your skin tone and dare i say lift it up in the most faint way possible.  It is the most subtle pink I've worn that looks even more gorgeous up close, provided that your lips are well prepped of course (lip balm & all that shebang) because let's face it, cracked & bleeding lips are a no go 50 years ago, and it still isn't now so do your job woman! Exfoliate that sonuva betch lol. 

So if you read my blog often (yes, all 10 of them... just kidding!), you'd know that matte lipsticks are absolutely my go-to formula simply because they sit longer on my lips, hence, no need to retouch every -2.5 seconds. I get a good wear of about 3-4 hours on this, unless I eat or drink the number could be lower, but when my mouth isn't doing anything (that doesn't right) it behaves & stays put. 

Now, we've all heard about how MAC products are ridiculously overpriced here in Manila, making $23 a pop for a tube of lipstick even more ludicrous. But obviously, I'm willing to see through that because it is amazing and I am yet to find a dupe for it, and I guess even if I did I'd still have this beauty around (I'm clingy that way, sorry).  And when you think about the higher brands out there (think Tom Ford, Guerlain, Sisley etc), you wouldn't worry so much about how jacked up it is over here because it still is (ever so slightly) affordable, other brands considered. 

Please Me remains to be my HG lipstick after two years. It's exactly what I would put on when I don't know what to do with my face. It just adds an extra oompth to my otherwise dull & lackluster complexion & I have nothing but pure love for it. You just have to buy it to get my drift (or at least, test it if you're near a MAC counter) Overall, I'm in love & I would repurchase this for the rest of my life... for sure. 

So, enough blabbering! I guess from here I can just let the pictures do the talking! xx 



That's just me putting my big face forward. #sorrynotsorry 

Annnd concluding this post with a huge smile on my face. 

Comments are mooore than welcome, as yoosh :)

Hope you liked today's post guys. I'll see you on the next one? 

JEM xx 









9 comments:

  1. your silent follower here! i love this post. actually, the way you wrote it. Words were interestingly sown together. and i couldn't agree more. it's really a PURDEE lippie shade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dane! What a lovely name by the way! Thank you for that lovely compliment, you just made my day right there! xx

      Delete
  2. I want to get my hands on that lipstick!!! :D I love your reviews, Jem! <3

    xoxo,Juvy
    www.plumpcheeks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you definitely should Judy! I'm sure it'll look good on you! Oh & thank you for loving my reviews, despite my inconsistency when it comes to running it! Thank you for sticking around! xx

      Delete
  3. It's really good on you! It's a pinkier descendant of MAC Faux, IMO. *adds to a very long list* :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lovely! I agree with it being a pinker (and warmer) version of Faux. It's also a personal favorite of mine actually because I'm such a sucker for your-lips-but-better shades of lippies! xx

      Delete
  4. I remember when you mentioned this lipstick in a comment you left on my blog, so I was super curious to see it in action in this post. x] "Please Me" looks like such a polished pink on you ~ and I, too, love the Beatles (my dad used to listen to them all the time when I was a kid). I can see why this is one of your favorite lipsticks. :P

    ~nikki ('<>')>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nikki! I actually have no idea why it took me so long to put up a review on this, considering it's my favorite lipstick & all. I'm glad you liked it but really, I'm most glad to meet another Beatles fan! Yey! Do you have a favorite song (or album) from them? xx

      Delete
  5. Too too cute colour! We're both MAC lovers! thanks for the comment on my blog sweetness. Hope to speak soon

    Love LC

    luckypretty.blogspot.co.uk xxxx

    ReplyDelete